After the skin is cleaned and prepped, the nurse assesses the area and marks our the perimeters with a "skin pen." A "temporary tattoo" is applied to the skin to indicate the injection pattern needed. KYBELLA comes in individual vials and is in clear liquid form. The solution is drawn up and injected into the area via multiple subcutaneous injections. The whole process takes approximately twenty minutes.
2. How many sessions does it take?
The amount needed per session can vary from client to client and from session to session. On average, 2-3 vials are needed for each session and approximately 2-3 sessions total. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks before the results can begin to be seen.
3. Is it painful?
While most individuals consider the KYBELLA injections to be minimally uncomfortable, there can be a "burning" or "warm tingling" sensation felt during treatment as the product takes effect in the fatty tissue. For most individuals, this sensation is brief and tolerable. Afterward, there can also be some tenderness to the treated area. Some of the experienced side effects associated with KYBELLA include swelling, bruising, numbness, redness, itching and warmth.
4. What is the downtime?
As with every procedure, individual responses may vary. On average, swelling and tenderness can be present up to around three weeks after treatment, improving in severity each week, with the first bringing the most noticeable of the expected side effects.
5. What about maintenance?
Since the fat cells are destroyed by this treatment, once the individual achieves the desired results, there are no anticipated follow-up treatments.
6. What other areas can be treated?
Currently, only the submental (double chin) area has been FDA-approved. Off-label uses include inner thighs, "saddle-bag" areas, "love handles" and the abdomen, fatty pockets between the breast and upper arm, "bra fat" and backs of arms.
What do I need to know before Sclerotherapy injections?
1. How long does the procedure take?
The initial visit takes approximately one hour, and subsequent follow-ups are thirty minutes.
2. Does it hurt?
There will be some mild discomfort. Lidocaine is used to lessen this discomfort.
3. Is there any downtime?
No downtime is required for this treatment.
What do I need to know about Chemical Peels?
1. How do I know which peel is right for my skin? During your consultation, the nurse will assess your skin and provide you with information about the peel or peels that are right for your skin type. Factors such as complexion, lifestyle factors, skin health, and your skin's goals and needs will all be taken into consideration when developing a plan for you! Some examples of skin issues that chemical peels are commonly used for include: -Pigmentation -Acne -Scars -Rough Texture -Dry Skin -Wrinkles -Dull Complexion 2. Does it hurt? What feels like a tingle to some, may feel like a windburn to another. Each chemical peel is composed of a different solution and penetrates the skin at different speeds. Sensations reported during a peel include itching, tingling, burning, and tightness. Some clients report very little sensation with certain types of peels. 3. How soon will I see the results? Generally speaking, most clients see results from their chemical peel treatment in 1-2 weeks after their treatment. 4. What is aftercare? Each chemical peel will come with its own set of aftercare instructions, however, we can apply these universal instructions to call chemical peels: -Avoid sunlight and tanning beds. -Avoid exposure to the elements (sun, heat, cold, wind, etc.). -Keep skin cool and moist. -Keep hands off the face and don't pick if the skin flakes at any point. 5. How long does it take? Chemical peels can usually be performed in about thirty minutes. 6. What happens during the procedure? During the procedure, your technician will cleanse and prep the skin. The peel solution will be applied. This solution is left on the skin to penetrate for several minutes. The solution is neutralized and the skin is cleansed and cooled. Moisturizer and sunscreen are applied for nourishment and protection. 7. Is there any downtime? Most clients experience some pink or red pigmentation to the skin, immediately following a peel. Some complexions will stay red or pink longer depending on skin type and the strength of the peel used. Mineral makeup may be applied immediately if needed. Sometimes, flaking of the dry skin will occur in the days following a peel. This generally lasts 1-2 weeks, depending on the strength of the peel and the skin condition of the individual. 8. Will I just need one? Chemical peels promote good skin health and are an easy way to maintain a youthful complexion! Typically, individuals need a series of chemical peels to be effective for certain skin issues (acne scars, pigmentation, etc).
What should I know about Sculptra before my treatment?
1. How does it work?
Sculptra Aesthetic is a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA)-based treatment. Poly-L-lactic acid has been shown to cause our collagen cells to produce substantial amounts of collagen! Collagen is part of our connective tissue. It's responsible for firmness, suppleness and cell renewal. We use Sculptra ti stimulate these collagen cells, thereby increasing these revitalizing factors in the skin!
2. How is it administered?
The beauty of Sculptra is that it is so versatile and safe! At our medical spa, our Nurse Practitioner provides Sculptra both as an injection, or topically, depending on the area treated and the goal desired!
3. What applications can it be used for?
We know that in order to correct volume loss and restore overall skin integrity, we need our bodies to produce collagen. Sculptra Aesthetic has been shown to increase collagen production, therefore tackling those lines, wrinkles and lax skin-head on! Interestingly enough, many clients are seeing a great improvement in skin quality and texture, having Sculptra applied topically (acne scars, stretch marks etc.), and possibly in combination with other anti-aging treatments! Our highly skilled Nurse Practitioner welcomes the opportunity to speak with you about your skin care needs today!